So. Kendall Jenner..


Kendall Jenner. Love her or hate her, there is no denying the presence she has had at the SS15 fashion weeks. She has been EVERYWHERE. And in my eyes, this is definitely not a problem. I find her to be one of the most relatable ‘ready to wear’ models, with her being 18 and having a seemingly normal body size. Okay.. not normal but you know what I mean.
I know exactly what some of you are thinking… ‘she didn’t earn it’.. ‘only a commercial model’.. ‘how has this even happened?!’.. ‘she’s a Kardashian’. Okay. Yes, we all know that she was noticed due to her family and that this will have given her a leg up into the fashion industry. But applying to her and most other things in the world, it’s not what you know, it’s who you know. And I feel this is no exception.

I had been sceptical of her being considered a high fashion model since she appeared in the Marc Jacobs AW 14/15 show (we all remember the bleached eyebrows and full frontal boobs, right?). But this past month has converted me. She has proven just how willing she is to work for a name in the fashion industry, walking for so many well-known and influential designers. Givenchy, Diane Von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs, Fendi.. just to name a few. Imagine being part of the Balmain army, front and centre at the Dolce & Gabbana finale and walking the Chanel protest.. Would you say no to Chanel?? No? Neither would i!
Front and centre at Dolce & Gabbana!
I wouldn’t call it domination but definitely recognition. Her standing in the high fashion world will be changing after this month.. I’m just waiting for the campaigns to roll in!
Now that this seasons shows are beginning to come to a close, here are a few of my favourite looks, modelled by Kendall..

Dolce & Gabbana
Dark floral and mesh. Feminine with an edge.

Balmain.. Sleek structure and beautiful cut outs.

Bottega Veneta. Wow, just wow.
Classic, understated elegance.
 Love Erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment