A splash of Colour!


I love the colour black. Its slimming, comfortable, easy to dress and allows me to go by being unnoticed by everyone. An over extended part of my wardrobe resides in the colour black but I have had enough. I see a person dressed in colour and patterns, looking absolutely fabulous and feeling it.. you can actually tell!
Recently I went to a wedding dressed in an amazing, bright yellow co ord from Miss Selfridge. I definitely don’t regret this outfit as it brought me out of my comfort zone but actually up until the last minute I was trying to change it. I just couldn’t grasp the fact or the reason why, in a moment of craziness I was convinced into buying a BRIGHT YELLOW OUTFIT! But after a few choice words from my mum about how she wasn’t allowing me to find another outfit the day before when I had a perfectly beautiful one at home, I was forced into wearing it. After getting a few comments like ‘arrggh my eyes, it’s too bright’, I got over myself and enjoyed the fact that I was dressed like no one else there. I stood out (I mean.. bitch please.. no one can ignore yellow, no matter how hard they try!) and loved the fact I was different, and found a confidence with how good I was feeling.
Co-Ord; Miss Selfridges
Bag; H&M



So.. now every time I indulge in some retail therapy, I purposefully look for a patterned or colourful outfit. This might sound stupid to some of you, but for me, this has helped me become a hell of a lot more SASSY and find some of my best buys.


Over-sized Graphic Print, Silk Top; River Island
Also has a split back.. ooerr!
 
 

Cream Lace Skirt; Topshop
Yes.. I know this is a plain colour, but its embossed with a lace pattern so it will take monochrome to a new level!



Skort; Primark
A splash of colour!
 
Keep an eye on our instagram 'whatthreewore' to see how I wear my new purchases!
Love Erin x
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous in that yellow co-ord! And it's nice to step out of your comfort zone with your clothes from time to time too. I also love that cream lace skirt you picked up!

    LagerfeldLove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I just couldn't resist the cream skirt, such a lovely fit!
    Erin x

    ReplyDelete