Boys will be Boys


I have to admit, I was a bit dubious about the whole trainers/sports wear trend. Before Uni a worn in pair of cream Converse were the most sporty item in my wardrobe. I was always more of a brogues and loafers girl, and even my 'trainer' collection consisted of a pair of Vans boat shoes, a Navy pair of Lacoste pumps (Superga - esque) and a pair of sturdy but not exactly fashionable running trainers. 

However, a few weeks in to trekking up the never ending hills in Bristol (literally everywhere in Bristol is up a bloody hill) I realised my poor feet just couldn't cope with any more leather brogue induced blisters. 

So when I spotted a vintage pair of New Balance in Seven Store - a tucked away little vintage gem on Bristol's Park Street - I knew I'd have to jump on the trainer band wagon. 





A few months later and I stumbled across Gourmet, a men's footwear brand stocked in Urban Outfitters and Size. It was only after talking to a sales assistant in Size that I had a break through - A MEN'S SIZE 6 IS A WOMEN'S SIZE 6!! Who knew? Suddenly a whole new world of possibilities opened up to me ... so many fabulous shoes, so little time. And so I bought these little Gourmet beauties. I love that they're a little bit different to the usual New Balance/Air Max selection that you see on the High Street, and the floral design adds a slightly girly twist to the masculine shape. Who said boy's shoes have to be for boys!? 

Lots of tom boy love, 

Emma

xo  










2 comments:

  1. ooh i love that last pair! I'd love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/lets-get-naked-detox-bath-salts-from.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course lovely! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the post! xo

    ReplyDelete