Time for a make up shake up.

What do you get if you cross a student loan and a lot of hangover induced online shopping? A hell of a lot of new make up buys, that's what. 



(Me wearing all of my shiny new make up)

I'd recently tried YSL Ink Fusion, but found that it settled a bit too powdery on my skin, so I was on the hunt for a shiny new foundation. After a bit of online searching and lots of consulting with my friends, I decided to give MAC a try. I've had MAC before and originally loved it, but eventually found that it dried my skin out quite a lot. But with all of my friends raving about MAC Studio Sculpt, I decided to give it a go. And so far, I'm in love! 

As someone with blotchy skin, I prefer quite a thick foundation to give me a nice, even finish. The shade I've got, NC25, is a tad lighter than my natural skin tone, but I like to darken the shade slightly with Benefit Hoola Bronzer. I always think it's better to choose a foundation that's a bit lighter than your skin and then go darker with powder, rather than go too dark and face the dreaded mismatched face and neck situation!

After this purchase, my bank balance immediately began to scream no more! But my online basket had other ideas! I ended up with a new Mac eyebrow pencil, Mac primer and Benefit eye liner. 


As someone who struggles with combination skin (greasy t zone but dry cheeks) the Prep and Prime Primer is perfect for giving me a nice even base. 


The eye brow pencil is really subtle and natural. If you'e like me and have quite sparse eye brows naturally, powder can sometimes look a bit heavy on the thinner areas. But this MAC 'Fling' pencil blends really well and doesn't give you a scary 90's drawn on look!

And finally the eye liner. As part of the Benefit 'They're Real' collection, I knew that I was going to be impressed since I've been addicted to the mascara for ages! And it didn't disappoint. The gel liner is super precise and dark and, although I've heard other people complain that they found it hard to apply, I actually found the angled tip quite easy! If you're a fan of the smudgy look it's probably not for you as the gel sets and won't budge an inch. But for a super slick cat eye, it can't be beaten! 

Love, 

Emma xo

2 comments:

  1. i love the benefit 'they're real' collection. also the mac prep and prime range is amazing! you are so beautiful btw! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/zoella-beauty.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhh Thankyou so much lovely! I love the benefit and Mac ranges too! Xo

    ReplyDelete