The Holy Grail of Brushes!

I think Emma and Erin are having some serious shopping withdrawals recently, I'm no exception. Seeing a healthy balance in your account is so tempting to spend until you have to remind yourself that, that money is ALL for your rent, boo.  
 Spare time for me in Manchester is time to have a good nosey round the shops, don't worry, I've exercised some self control though and managed not to buy anything but I did see something that is deffo going on the Christmas list (hint hint mum if you're reading!) 

I've been a major fan of the Real Technique make-up brushes for a while now and I've seen a set in Superdrug that I just need to get my hands on! It's a Christmas gift set that has all the brushes I'm currently lacking in my collection and I couldn't go on enough at how much I really like these brushes. I found out about them through my obsession with watching make-up tutorials on YouTube, watching the likes of Pixiwoo and Tanya Burr ( if you haven't checked them out yet I highly recommend it). It's actually Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo who launched the brushes so when I realised, I looked into the brushes praying they wouldn't cost a small fortune like Mac and Bobbi Brown brushes do. To my surprise the brushes were very reasonably priced, I think the goldy colour brushes (that came as a set) came to roughly £20. Happy days! 
 And what is even better than the price is the brushes themselves, they make my make-up look 100 times better and they don't swallow all the product like most do. My two favourite brushes are the powder brush, which I use for putting on bronzer and the buffing brush which works any foundation into the skin so perfectly! I love these brushes so much I converted some of my friends to them too! 
 You can see the brushes in action as well on Pixiwoos YouTube channel as well so if you're looking for some brushes and not sure if these are for you definitely check out there channel! 


In order left to right:
Stippling brush/ Powder Brush / Buffing Brush/ Contour Brush/ Foundation Brush/ Detailer brush
The set in Superdrug!

Lots of love, 
          Lauren xo


No comments:

Post a Comment