I've survived freshers?!

So...I've managed to survive my first week of freshers and start of uni, I haven't come out unscathed though as I have literally been ill for what feels like a decade!  I'm sure you're all glad to know that I'm starting to get better now though (fingerscrossed)!
 What can I say about being a fresher? 
Its a lot of fun, a little overwhelming, you end up with many hangovers and extreme tiredness. I feel like I've been the only fresher that may have been excited to start their course. I'm studying Fashion Buying and Merchandising in Manchester, and my first day was actually pretty damn good and a positive one. 
My course is very heavily female orientated so it was funny when two boys thought it was too good to be true with all the lovely ladies in the room. Until they realised they where sat in the wrong lecture and should be in Business Management! Today covered the basics of the course and I actually can not wait to get stuck in, come back to me in 6 months time and I bet I've changed my tune! 


The reading has started!

Little corner of my new room!

 The whole moving out thing hasn't yet sunk in, I'm still finding it weird not waking up in my own bed but you meet that many lovely people I haven't gave homesickness the chance (plus I'm only a train journey a way from home if I do!). The only thing I haven't adapted too is student dressing, its too casual for me to cope with so instead I've just been swapping heels for trainers on a night out!
 Tonight I'm off to a Student Lock in, in the Arndale Centre where shops shut for students only and do crazy discounts in store so hopefully i'll be able to bag a few bargains to share! 
So hopefully happy shopping!
lots of love, 
Lauren xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment