1 week in the beautiful Liverpool!

I have officially been a uni student for a whole week! 1 entire week of independence and trying to figure out how to be a grown up. Well.. sort of. My cooking skills haven’t been horrendous, I’ve managed to wake up on time, find my way to my classes and somehow go out for 6 nights on the run. The consequence of this was ‘freshers flu’ of course! What. A. Bitch. Therefore tonight is a night in, playing cards and watching movies with my new uni family who I have already become insanely attached to.
The absolutely beautiful LIVERPOOL!
Here are some things that may help your first week away from home easier:
-  Fill your room with photos from home, it really helps with homesickness and makes your room look fab.
-  I decided to decorate, so matching covers, pillows, towels, lamp, throw… my room has a colour scheme.. I love it.
-  Freshers! Avoid heels at all costs. You are allowed a 2 week pass of flats. Its allowed, I promise!
-  Clothes for freshers was something I was panicking about, but I decided the outfits I wore on holiday (see previous holiday posts) were perfectly casual, teamed with flats for a sweaty club with a lot of underdressed people.
-  Find the nearest food shop to you, trekking back to your flat becomes a lot harder without a car. Also learn to budget. It helps.
-  Think of easy food you can cook before you go. If all else fails, everyone can cook a pizza right?
-  Making friends is so important so don’t be shy, they’re all scared too and you’ll find so many lovely people around you !
-  Skype, facetime, tango.. whatever you use, video calling is brilliant! Actually being able to see your family is so good!
-  Go to all your welcome fairs and inductions! No this doesn’t make you uncool, it makes you knowledgeable. And knowledge is power!
-  And finally if your shopping addiction is getting the best of you, go to Primark, all their AW14 stuff is really good!
This is my bed set, absolutely love floral!
Let me know how you all get on!

Love Erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment