Princess Probs

Like many Brits returning from their jollies this summer, I have arrived back from my time in the sun inspired to throw out every bit of ‘English’ looking clothing that I have (au revoir brogues and peter pan collars) and reinvent myself as a cool, hipster, traveller type. You know the ones, those friends that you haven’t seen for a while who tell you that you that you simply must try elephant back riding in Thailand and watch the sun rise over a beach in Bali. So I’m sat here in my tribal print maxi skirt and stacks of eclectic mismatched rings feeling very traveller-y, if I do say so myself. But then I remember that I didn’t go on some awe inspiring, life affirming traveller trip this summer, I went on a donut eating, Disney wearing trip to the ultimate cheesy family holiday destination, Florida. And as much as the wannabe bag packer in me hates to admit it, it was bloody brilliant.

So I’ve arrived back in Blighty obsessed with all things USA and determined to bring a bit of the red white and blue in to my dismal English wardrobe. Luckily for me, Disney, along with all things 90’s, is having a huge resurgence, so capturing a bit of that famous all American spirit has never been easier.
For a full on splash of Disney soaked fun, head to ASOS where they’ve got a collection of super cute Minnie Mouse headbands, the majority around the tenner price mark. Ranging from pink leopard print to the obligatory black and red, these magical accessories don’t have to be reserved for the Disney devotees. Put down the floral headband and wear one with your wellies for a festival to create a summery, tongue in cheek look that doesn’t take itself too seriously. Or buy one simply for those days when you’re just so hung-over that the only thing that you can possibly do is watch ten consecutive Disney movies in a row. No judgement, we’ve all been there (sob).

For a more casual nod towards Walt and his friends, log on to FOREVER 21 and pick up one of their Disney themed white tees. The cropped Lion King version avoids being overly preppy with a plunging underarm hem which exposes a tad of side bra. Flash a bit of leopard print or black to give your Disney look an added kick. Who said Disney had to be all sweetness and light?



On that note, Eleven Paris (the brand currently experimenting with The Simpsons prints!) has gone all sassy on us and created a Disney Princess top adorned with the Queen B quote, ‘who runs the world?’ If you’re after combining a bit of girl power and lots of famous Princesses (which, c’mon, why wouldn’t you be?) then this is the one for you. Available in URBAN OUTFITTERS now, this easy to wear t-shirt would be a simple piece to transition your wardrobe in to Autumn/Winter, and light enough to wear on those rare sunny days. Pair with a tiara for bonus Princess points. (I couldn't get a pic of this one, pesky Urbies, so you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that it is supppper cute, and I don't use the word cute lightly! Loll jks I use it to describe pretty much everything, but seriously, you should have a gander.) 

Lots of Disney Princessy Love, 

Emma 

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment