Nail advice from a nail biter

As someone who has been a life time nail biter (more germs than a toilet seat, I know) I'm forever searching for ways to improve my teeny tiny nails. In the past I've always been a fan of Shellac, but with a holiday on the horizon I decided to splash a bit more cash and get a full set of acrylics. At £24 for Sculpture Acrylics and a polish, it was actually more reasonable that I expected. To keep my nails looking salon worthy, I've been on the hunt for some new nail varnishes, and found that, to my surprise, a hefty price tag doesn't always mean you're getting the best product. 





I'd previously used Essie Base Coat and Nail Strengthener, which did give my nails a lovely gel - like finish. But as a bit of a lazy girl when it comes to anything beauty related, I do find having acrylics a major time saver compared to having to do about twenty layers yourself! But if you're lucky enough to have naturally long, strong nails, then I'd definitely recommend the Essie products (but they are quite pricey so maybe invest in the base and top coats and use a cheaper polish for your colour). 



Since having my acrylics, I've tried Nails Inc, O.P.I and Rimmel. Luckily I got my Nails Inc set at TK Maxx so they were an absolute bargain, as were my OPI pairing which I snapped up in an airport. And I must admit that I am obsessed with a scarlett, plummy nail so I do have a soft spot for the rich OPI colour. However my absolute favourite purchases have been courtesy of Rimmel. The liquid is smooth but not too runny, and the brush is lovely and wide which means it glides easily over your  nails. And at less than a fiver each, you can stock up on plenty of colours. I've gone for the 'Summer Orange' for my holiday look and I always go for the Kate Shade 703 for that glam night out vibe! 









And my final tip (given to me by the beautician so you know it's going to be good) is to use Acetone free Nail Varnish Remover. This bottle from Super Drug smells lovely and contains Aloe Vera (a saviour when it comes to skin care) and was around the £1.40 mark - thank me later!



Love always, 

Emma 

xo




2 comments:

  1. Hiya! I think your blog is great, I love your cute style. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, please follow the link to find out what it's all about: http://thefashionparadepage.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, thank you so much for involving us in the Liebster Award! It's lovely to hear from other relatively new bloggers and connect with more people; as new bloggers it can sometimes be so intimidating looking at well established blogs and wondering how you will ever get there, so hearing off other bloggers is always lovely! You've caught us at a bad time as we're heading off on our hols in a matter of hours, but as soon as we're back we'll continue with the Liebster Award and get lots of great new blogs involved! xo

    ReplyDelete