Skincare secrets!

I don't know about you, but I find skin care to be a pain in the arse! Everyone always goes on about how important it is to have a routine and look after your skin, part of me agrees and I do try hard to look after myself but the other half of me cant be bothered with it all. The reason being you can have a good skin care routine going then hormones hit and you end up wishing it was acceptable to walk round with a paper bag on your head!

 I seem to be coming out of the hormonal spot stage of my life (touch wood) and don't seem to break out as much (HOORAY!)but even this doesn't mean i'm managing to avoid it all together. I feel like I've been through every skincare brand you can buy on the high street and with seemingly sensitive skin it did make everything that little bit harder! I've tried everything from Clinque to Simple and none seem to work for me as there either to harsh and dry out my skin or end up leaving me greasy and causing more spots.

 But I seem to have arrived at some products which I like and have been using for months without it causing any irritation to my skin, FINALLY! So I thought id share with you my current favourites and the majority being so reasonably priced I may be able to continue my love affair with them through Uni.


TA DAH! The best thing about everything I'm using at the moment is that the products I am using on a daily basis is actually the cheapest (Pond's cold cleanser and Tesco Facial Wash) and the more expensive product is what I usually on use once a week ( Benefit Refined Finish).
 I had a passionate love affair with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (Hot Cloth Cleanser), it made my skin feel and look lovely but at £13 (which isnt exactly expensive) I knew I wouldn't be able to carry on affording it through uni. This led me to having a look for a alternative and I've found one ! Pond's Cold Cleanser is a dream and my skin looks exactly like I've been using the Liz Earle Cleanser. I advise using a hot cloth to remove this as it can sometimes be a bit stubborn, I'm also not a fan on the rose smell but for £3.49 I really can't complain as I find it just as good! Leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and fresh.
 My next bargain skin care is the cleansing facial wash from Tesco (believe it or not!). I find it moisturising without leaving my skin greasy and it hasn't dried my skin out which most washes usually do. Its also great for removing make up too. I feel like a drum roll is needed before I reveal the price...£1.50!! Its an absolute bargain and great if you are on a budget too.

I've ended up waffling on for far too long already but the last two are a scrub and a moisturiser, both are from benefit and both I don't use more than once a week. The Refined Finish Polish from Benefit is great for a gentle exfoliate without drying the skin. I find the moisturiser to be great too but with whatever skin type I seem to have, regular moisturising just isn't for me!
These where splurge items I treated myself to as both products are priced around the £20 mark.

So there we have it, a skin routine I'm happy to continue with and I've actually stuck too as well. I hope I've actually got a few of you still reading till end and not bored you to death but with such great bargains I just couldn't keep it to myself! 
Lots of love, 
  lauren xo






No comments:

Post a Comment