That's one off the list!

It was a normal Wednesday night and like most I was seeing what I could watch in the cinema with the two for one orange Wednesday codes(who'd pay full price these days??)until I stumbled across a viewing of Mama Mia.

Boring I hear you say? oh no! It wasn't just any old viewing of Mama Mia it was an outdoor cinema viewing! I realise that doesn't sound as exciting as I hoped for but it was something I had always wanted to experience! Think its partly due to how romantic and magical hollywood movies make it seem but nevertheless it had made it's way onto my bucket list (and now been scratched off!).  

 Its safe to say I wasn't disappointed. The atmosphere was great with everyone belting out ABBA tunes and clapping along. A musical was the perfect choice for a bit of audience participation. I am realising as I write this that it all sounds a bit cringey but it was a genuinely great experience and best of all it was free so who can complain at that. 
 The showing was held in Kings Gardens in Southport and there was a good turnout. The field was filled with camping chairs, pillows, blankets and good food! I even saw some old dears on the vino as well!

 It is something I would definitely jump at the chance of doing again and if you get the chance you should too! There a few outdoor cinema must haves though...Camping chairs are an important one(who wants a soggy bum!), plenty of blankets as it can get a bit nippy. I'd even say take a rain mac to stop the damp chilling your bones and of course last but not least plenty of goodies. I'd even take a tip of the oldies and take vino with you! 

 So keep a look out to see when the next one is on nearest you!
What can be next off the bucket list?

Lots of Love, 
          Lauren xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment